When a device or monitor state change occurs, WhatsUp Gold can perform an action to try to correct the problem, notify someone of the state change, or launch an external application.
For example, you can set up an action that sends you an email alert when your web server device is down.
You can configure actions on a single device or monitor, or define an Action Policy to use across multiple devices or monitors.
WhatsUp Gold provides the following action types:
- . Activates a beeper.
- . Sends a message to a pager.
- . Runs another program (executable) to take some action.
- . Sends an SMTP mail message.
- . Displays a message in a pop-up window on a Windows NT system.
- . Sends a Short Message Service (SMS) notification to a pager or cell phone.
- . Stops or restarts a Windows NT system.
- . Sends a message to a host that is running a Syslog server.
- . Sends a text-to-speech notification to a speaker.
- . Sounds an alarm by playing a sound file on the WhatsUp Gold console.
- . Allows you to write either VBScript or JScript code to perform a check on a device. If the script returns an error code, the monitor is considered down.
: Ipswitch does not support the scripts that you create, only the ability to use them in the Script Action.
- . Sounds an alarm by playing a sound file on the WhatsUp Gold web interface.