Program Options - Report Data
How to get here
This dialog controls how the storage of data is handled in the WhatsUp Gold database. This data is used to populate the various performance reports available in the application.
- . This is data that is gathered during each reporting interval configured through Device Properties - Performance Monitors. Until the raw data is rolled up, it takes up one row per poll in the database, and cannot be deleted from the database. When the raw data is rolled up, it is consolidated into one row per hour, and the other rows are deleted. It is recommended to set this value as low as possible, to avoid database overgrowth. Select the number of days and/or hours in the time boxes.
- . Once the hourly data is rolled up to daily data, the hourly entries are deleted from the database. The number in the hourly data box must be greater than the number of raw data days.
- .When daily data expires, it will be deleted permanently from the database. The number in the daily box must be greater than the number of hourly data days.
- . Select the number of days you want to keep Active Monitor state change data in your database. This is historical data that shows when devices changed state during the monitoring of your network.
- . Select the number of days you want to keep Passive Monitor data in your database. This is data gathered by the Passive Monitors associated to your devices.