Monitor Users on your SQL Server Monitor
To monitor user activity, we'll create a monitor called "SQLUser," then select Users as the only parameter to monitor.
- If you're unsure how to start, see the steps in Configure a SQL Server Monitor.
- When you get to the Monitor/Service Properties, make sure that Users is the only parameter that has a check in the box to the left to it. You will need to clear the selections for the other parameters and also for the processes.
- Click the Users parameter to select it, then click . The Users Threshold dialog opens. You should have in mind how many users or connections you want to consider as a threshold, and enter those values in the appropriate boxes on the dialog.
- When finished, click to add the SQLUser monitor to the Active Monitor Library.
- Add the "SQLUser" monitor to your SQL server device.
- Select the device that represents the SQL server. Double-click the device to display its properties.
- Select the Active Monitors icon.
- On the Active Monitor dialog, click . The Active Monitor wizard appears.
- Follow the wizard to add the active monitor to the device.
- Optionally, you can set up an action to tell you when the SQLUser monitor is down, and when it comes back up.