Creating an Action Policy
This feature gives you the ability to stack multiple actions together in a single policy. You can then assign those actions to any device or monitor in your device list. Once assigned, you can edit the policies in the Action Policies dialog without having to make changes to all of the devices that use that particular action.
To create an action policy:
- From the menu bar, select . The Action Policies dialog opens.
- On the Action Policies dialog, click .
- In the New Action Policy dialog, enter a name in the box. This name is used to identify the policy later, so you should make sure the name is something that will help you remember what is contained in that policy.
- Click . The Action Builder wizard appears.
- Follow the directions in the wizard.
- Click at the end of the wizard to add the action to the policy.
- Add as many actions as you need to complete the policy. You can move actions up and down in the list by clicking the and buttons above the action list.
If you select , WhatsUp Gold executes the actions in the list, starting at the top, and stops as soon as an action successfully fires.
- Once all of the actions have been added, click to create the policy and add it to the active list.
- Assign the action policy to a device or monitor by using the procedure defined in:
: During Device Discovery, you can assign an existing action policy (if one has been created previously), create a simple action policy through a wizard, or access the Action Policy Editor to create an action policy yourself.