The Device Summary page displays basic information about a device, including:
- . Displays the identifying name for the current device. This name is populated during discovery, but can be changed by the user at any time in the Device Properties - General page. Changing the name will not change how the device is polled, it only effects how it is displayed in WhatsUp Gold.
- . Displays the type of device (printer, workstation or router, for example). The device type can be changed on the Device Properties - General page.
- . Displays the DNS name of the device.
- . Displays the IP address of the device.
- The icon associated with the device over a colored shape that indicates the worst state of any of the active monitors on the device is displayed to the left of Device Name. The icon can be changed on the Device Properties - General page, and more information about the status indicators can be found on the Legend page.
- Additional attributes associated with the device (Location, Contact and Description as well as any custom attributes) are displayed below the device icon. Attributes can be added, modified or removed from the Device Properties - Attributes page.
- Notes displays any associate with the device. Notes are managed on the Device Properties - Notes page.