Use this dialog to connect to another computer that you have administrator rights to in order to browse that computer's WMI or SNMP Performance counters.
- . Enter the computer name or IP address of the computer that you want to connect to.
(The following options are not available when selecting an SNMP counter.)
- . Enter the domain and user login for the account on this computer. If a domain account is used, then the expected user name is domain\user. If the device is on a workgroup, there are two possible user names: workgroup name\user or machine name\user.
- . Enter the password for the login used above. To monitor NT services on a XP machine with an account that has empty password, the XP's Local Security Settings might have to be modified. From , click . Then right-click the setting: and click Properties, then select .
(The following options are not available when selecting a WMI counter.)
- . Select valid SNMP credentials for this computer.
- . The amount of time (in seconds) you want the system to wait before failing the connection to the computer.
- . The number of times you want the computer to attempt to make the connection to the selected computer.