Add/Edit Ping Monitor
How to get here
Configure an Active Monitor to have WhatsUp Gold send an ICMP (ping) command to the device. This is the default monitor added to all devices during discovery.
- . The name of the monitor as it appears in the Active Monitor Library.
- . The description of the monitor as it appears in the Active Monitor Library.
- . The ping will fail if the device does not respond after this number of seconds.
- . The number of times WhatsUp Gold will attempt to send the command before the device is considered down.
- . The length in bytes of each packet sent by the ping command.
- . Select this option to have the monitor appear in the Active Monitors list during discovery. From there, you can select the monitor to have WhatsUp Gold discover that monitor type on your devices.