Using map display options
Display options let you change the visual representation of a map, and add annotations that help you monitor dependencies and active monitors. Right-click on the Map View, then select from the following Display options.
- . By default the map will show an icon for each device. If you only want to show a dot, or node, to represent each device, then clear this selection.
- . If you have set up a device so that it gets polled only if a second device is down or up (a dependency), then by default you will see an arrow that shows this dependency. For example, if polling of device A is dependent on the state of device B, the arrow will point from device A to device B.
- . Select this option to make the map display short lines for links that are not connected anywhere. If this is cleared, only connected links are displayed. This could be a network interface that is not connected to another device. It could also be any active monitor (such as HTTP, or SMTP), in which case, the short line will show green when up and red when down.
- . Select this option to display a grid and automatically align objects along your grid when they come within a certain distance of it.
- . Select this option if you want to shorten the device display names. The display names will be terminated at the first space or period in the name. If the display name is a dotted decimal IP address, shows only the last digits of the IP address.
- . Select this option to wrap long display names. The display names will be wrapped at every space or period in the name.