Configuring Passive Monitors
To add/edit a Passive Monitor manually:
- From the WhatsUp Gold web interface, click .
- Click to configure a new Passive Monitor. The configuration dialog for the selected monitor type opens.
- or -
Select a monitor from the list, then click to make changes to an existing configuration. The Edit dialog for the selected monitor opens.
- After you make the necessary changes, click to add the monitor to the list or to save the changes you made to a monitor already on the list.
To assign a Passive Monitor to a device:
- Right-click the device to which you want to assign a passive monitor, then click . The Device Properties dialog opens.
- Click . The Device Properties Passive Monitor dialog opens.
- Click . The Passive Monitor Properties dialog opens.
- Select the Passive Monitor type and Passive Monitor you want to assign, then click . The Setup Actions for Passive Monitors dialog opens.
- Click to setup a new action for the passive monitor. The Select or Create Action dialog opens. Click:
Follow the remaining Wizard dialog screens for the selection you made.
- Click to add the passive monitor to the device.