Configure Alerts Threshold
You can configure WhatsUp Gold to monitor alerts generated by SQL Server.
: Before the alert can be monitored, you must configure your System Data Source (ODBC) name for the SQL Server.
- . This field controls the connection to the DSN configured for the SQL server. The following show the proper way to structure entries for this field:
- . Select this option to use SQL Server Authentication to connect to your database for the monitor. If this option is not used, the connection is made by the settings in the DSN, or with the windows credentials configured for the device the monitor is assigned to. Once the option is selected, enter your username and password for the server.
- . WhatsUp Gold will only monitor alerts that match the severity range entered in these boxes.
- . Select this option to have WhatsUp Gold track only those alerts that occurred since the last poll.
- . The maximum number of alerts generated by the SQL Server that WhatsUp Gold allows before considering the monitor will fail.