Add SNMP Performance Counter
The SNMP Performance Monitor uses SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) to gather specific types of information from SNMP enabled devices. For more information about how SNMP works, see SNMP Overview.
- . The name of the monitor as it appears in the Performance Monitor Library or in the Performance Monitor list in Device Properties.
- . A short statement describing the monitor.
- . Click the browse button next to this box to select a performance counter and instance for the monitor.
The following options are available when you create a single-device performance monitor:
- . Enter the amount of time (in minutes) between each statistic collection attempt.
- The amount of time (in seconds) you want the system to wait before failing the connection to the computer.
- . The number of times you want the computer to attempt to make the connection to the selected computer.