Select Active/Performance Monitors Scan Properties
Select the active and performance monitors that you want WhatsUp Gold to scan for during discovery. After they are discovered, WhatsUp Gold will configure the new devices with the monitors found.
The top list displays active monitors that have been defined in the Active Monitor Library with the Discovery option selected.
The bottom list displays all performance monitors defined in the Performance Monitor Library. For more information about performance monitors, see Performance Monitor Overview.
About interface monitors: During discovery, interface monitors are added after the scan, only if a device has multiple physical interfaces. If a device only has 1 interface, then no interface monitors are added, even if the interface monitor is selected to be scanned. Loopback interface doesn't count.
Single Device Addition
The following fields are only visible when accessing this dialog through the Add New Device process.
- . Select this option to have WhatsUp Gold attempt to populate the list of discovered devices with host names, instead of IP addresses. Clear this option to have the list show only IP addresses of discovered devices.
- . Select this option to have WhatsUp Gold read the SNMP information on the device.
- . If is selected, enter the amount of time the scan should wait for the SNMP information in milliseconds (ms). The Timeout should be set to 300 ms or greater.
- . If is selected, enter the number of times WhatsUp Gold should attempt to make the SNMP identification.
- . Enter one or more community strings, separated by commas, that the device will respond to. If the read community string is incorrect, or none is provided, WhatsUp Gold determines device type based on the monitors discovered during the scan.
- . Select a Windows credential to use when attempting to discover devices where you have to provide a Windows user name or password when connecting. Credentials are configured in the Credentials Library. When a device is discovered using a credential, that credential is then associated to that device. You can change this on .If you select discovery uses all configured credentials in the Credentials Library. The credential that is successful is then associated with the device.