Using the Trap Definition Import Tool
The Trap Definition Import tool is used to import SNMP Trap definitions into the Passive Monitor Library. The list in this dialog is populated by the MIBs typically in your WhatsUp Gold MIB folder (
The SNMP Trap monitors that are listed are based on one of three things:
- . By default, the passive monitor database comes with a few of the most Common SNMP traps already in it.
- . Use the Trap Definition Import Tool to create SNMP Traps from MIB files stored in the \
Program Files\Ipswitch\WhatsUp\Data\Mibs folder.
- This can be done either by copying and pasting actual trap information directly from your existing logs, or by browsing the MIB for OID values that you are interested in, and adding the and information if required.
To import SNMP trap definitions into the Passive Monitor Library:
- In the WhatsUp Gold console, click . The Trap Definition Import Tool dialog opens.
- Click to select the traps you want to import, then click . The Trap Import Results dialog opens and provides a message about the import results. Traps that already exist in the database are not imported again.