Using Monitors and Actions
There are a few things to think about when you set up your Actions and Monitors. These will help you maximize the usefulness of the features and minimize problems.
- . Set up your notification actions so that only the people that have to be notified are sent the alert. Consider creating vacation Action types that will not send alerts to people who cannot do anything about it.
- . It will take a little research, but when you find out which of your networked devices have SNMP capabilities, you can configure Monitors to listen for all types of information and trigger an Action accordingly.
- . Pay careful attention to your devices and services that are critical to the network security.
- . WhatsUp Gold can be configured to perform an Action when your network resource availability diminishes across a certain threshold.
- . Assign actions to the device if you only want one notification when the device goes down. Assign an action to a specific Active Monitor if it requires special attention.