About Device Property Polling
Polling is the term used for monitoring discovered devices in WhatsUp Gold. The Polling dialog lets you configure polling options and/or schedule maintenance times for the selected device.
- . This number determines how often WhatsUp Gold will poll the selected device. Enter the number of seconds you want to pass between polls.
- . Click to configure additional options, based on when another device is operational, that determine when the selected device is polled.
- . Click to configure additional options, based on when the selected device is operational, that determine when other devices are polled.
Use this section of the dialog to manually set the device Maintenance state, or schedule the maintenance state for a certain time period. Any device placed in Maintenance mode will not be polled, but it remains in the device list with an identifying icon. By default, the maintenance state is represented by an orange background color.
- . Select this option to put the selected device in maintenance mode. Clear the option to resume polling the device.
- . This box displays all scheduled maintenance times for the device.
For more information, see Polling Overview and Dependencies Overview.